Sunday, March 02, 2014

Not your father's favorite....



As I excitedly rush down the stairs to show off my new outfit to my parents, my mood suddenly shifts down a gear as I notice my fathers questionable “look.” Every time I get "the look," I know something is wrong. Then I remember that my father hates holy jeans, which I was proudly wearing. He doesn't understand why people spend money on something that is already torn up and destroyed.......however I think they are “stylish”! I will be honest, I don't always love holes in my pants, but I do love how my new boyfriend jeans hug my shape in all the right places. My new light-wash boyfriend jeans have been a lifesaver on days when I am in a rush. I had no idea that they would be so versatile!
 Today I decided to pair these jeans with my ankle boots because I wanted to show them off (my other jeans cover up these shoes WAY too much and don't give them the attention they deserve). Ankle boots are a great way to transition from winter to spring, especially when worn with bright colors and flowy dresses (leggings, of course,are still necessary).
This top is my favorite for all seasons because of the thin navy stripes. I can’t flip through a magazine without noticing trendy stripes, whether it be color blocked, bold statement stripes, or thin little ones on the cuff of a structured blazer. Stripes are a fashion staple that have been around and continue to accent wardrobes. I am ready to wear them loud and proud! Complementing this shirt is a navy blue necklace accented with gold beads from Dressbarn. If you have never been to Dressbarn,  I highly recommend it for accessories as they always have pieces on sale that are trendy enough for any outfit. They are perfect for fashionistas on a budget!
 With my father’s now hilarious expression still on his face, I finish off this post with a request....to see how you rock your favorite jeans! Send me a picture of how you style your favorite pair of jeans! Best picture will go on my facebook page! 

Oh, and this lovely dog is my little baby! Her name is Hailey and she decided she would follow me around as I shot these pictures, so I decided to include her...she was surprisingly very cooperative!

Boyfriend Jeans- Aeropostale-$4
Booties- Aeropostale-$5
Shirt- Plato's Closet- $5
Necklace- DressBarn $3
Bracelet- Gift from my aunt

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ThePennilessPradaProject?ref=hl




No comments:

Post a Comment