Saturday, June 08, 2013

Golden Summer

 
I am aware that black on black is not the "summer look" but I am so in love with this look I could not resist! This top worn as a dress is so beautiful and delicate I am scared to wash it at home for fear that it might get caught in a zipper and get all torn up. I can't really say that this outfit is perfect for summer, but worn with a pair of shorts and sandals instead of black pantyhose and heels can give it more of a summer vibe!
 
 I bought this top on a day when I wasn't even planning on buying any tops . I was looking for some jeans, but as I walked back to the pants, I saw a black sleeve with gold flowers and I stopped, pulled it off the rack, took one look and knew it was mine! One of my favorite things about the top is the poofy sleeves- I have recently become so fascinated with (and in love with) the poofy sleeve look, that I am now always on the look out for something "poofy". 
 
My shoes are ankle boots and they are a really fun way to add a little height and a lot of fun- they are super easy to walk in and can go with anything! So, next time you go out shopping, look for a great pair of ankle boots that can really be a "plus" to your wardrobe. You can pair them with your summer dresses, your colored skinny jeans or even shorts!
 
 I decided to belt the top so it would look more like a dress and less like a top. Also, belting is a great way to show off your waist!
 
My hair is curled with velvet hot rollers and makeup is done with red lips and a light brown eyeshadow.
 
Top- Goodwill -$5
Heels- Goodwill - $6
Belt- Thrift Shop - $1
Red Lipsticks - L'Oreal British Red - $6
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment